Gewurztraminer is a spicy, white wine from Alsace region of Germany.
How To Make Gewurztraminer Poached Fruits
An alcoholic dessert made of white wine and sliced fruits
- In heavy medium, wide saucepan, combine wine, water, sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon stick and vanilla bean (scrape vanilla bean seeds from inside and add to pan - it's the tiny, tasty, black flecks you want).
- Bring to rolling boil over high heat.
Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add apple, pear, apricots, cherries and figs and return to low boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until fresh fruit is just tender, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 30 minutes.
- If serving right away, heat mixture until warm and serve in large shallow soup bowls with small scoop of ice cream in center.
- If making in advance, quickly cool mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Can be made 2 days in advance. Reheat before serving until just warm.)
- Sugar: 53g
- Calcium: 37mg
- Calories: 283kcal
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 247mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Vitamin A: 677IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!