This easy berry pie incorporates frozen ingredients with an amazing pie crust. You get a taste and look that’s homey and full of comfort.
How To Make Very Berry Pie
Using three kinds of berries, this very berry pie makes a delightful dessert for the holidays. Serve it as it is or you can top it off with a light and airy cream. It screams comfort with every bite.
To make crust,
- In mixer cream butter, lard, margarine, and shortening. In bowl, mix sugar, baking powder, salt, and dry milk powder; add to creamed butter mixture and mix briefly.
- Add pastry flour and beat until blended.
- Add bread flour and mix slightly.
- Pour in water and beat again only until water is just blended in.
- Divide dough into two or three balls.
- Roll each out on floured board.
- Line pie pan with dough and cut off excess dough.
- Flute edges.
- Prick holes in bottom with fork.
Bake empty pie shell at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Or fill unbaked pie shell and bake according to recipe.
- Makes 2 to 3 pie shells.
- Note: This crust may also be made by hand-cutting fats into dry ingredients.
To make filling,
- Thaw all berries; pour berries and all juice in mixing bowl. In separate bowl, mix sugar, salt, and cornstarch; pour on top of berries.
- Mix well with rubber spatula.
- Fill crusts, add top crusts, and bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sugar: 27g
- Calcium: 36mg
- Calories: 352kcal
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 146mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 305mg
- Vitamin A: 295IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!