The possibilities with Oreo recipes are endless and what’s great is they’re all undoubtedly simple to make! But this light and creamy no bake Oreo cheesecake with a crunchy Oreo pie crust is a classic dessert that you certainly can’t miss out on. Top it with this easy homemade whipped cream that you can make in just 20 minutes!
Tips on Making A No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
Oreo cheesecake recipes are popular because it combines two delectable ingredients in one yummy dessert! So what’s not to like? Although this is an easy no bake Oreo dessert recipe, we’d love to help you out with making it. Read below to get some useful tips in making this cookies and cream cheesecake.
- Wait for the cream cheese to come to room temperature. Using cold cream cheese is definitely not ideal because your Oreo filling will form lumps. However, if you mix the cheese at room temperature, you’ll get a much smoother texture.
- Use a springform pan to bake your cheesecake to make it much easier for you to remove the cake. Moreover, we recommend using a 9-inch springform pan for this no bake Oreo cheesecake.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with baking paper before shaping the Oreo pie crust. By doing so, the crust won’t stick to the pan which will make your cake easier to remove.
More Oreo Recipes to Try
Oreos have been around for a while and are iconic cookies. Any dessert with this famous chocolate cookie in it is sure to be a hit and these must-try recipes prove that right.
- Peppermint Oreo Balls– Create festive Oreo balls with a hint of peppermint. Additionally, they’re perfect for the holiday season and taste like Christmas.
- Oreo Churros– This is a twist to the traditional Spanish churros, which are deep fried treats. It’s simply made with Oreo crumbs and a classic vanilla filling.
- Oreo Doodles– Munch on these cookie treats with double the amount of chocolate and dusted with Oreos on top. It’s way better than your regular chocolate cookie!
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe Video
How to Make No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
This no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe requires only 30 minutes of prep and gives you the richest cheesecake ever complete with an Oreo crust.
In a large bowl, mix the crushed Oreos and melted butter together until the mixture looks like wet sand. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer or an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
Put 4⅓ ounces of the Oreo and butter mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Mix until well-distributed.
Line your springform pan with parchment paper. Add 4 ounces of the Oreo and butter mixture into the pan. The parchment paper makes it easier to get your cake out later. Firmly press the Oreo mixture into one even layer.
Scoop the cheesecake filling onto the crust.
Add the remaining ⅔-ounce of Oreo and butter mixture on top. Gently press them down a little.
Chill for at least 4 to 5 hours or overnight and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my no-bake cheesecake not firm?
Your cheesecake should set in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or overnight. This recipe doesn’t use gelatin or Jello but if you beat the mixture well, the filling will hold its shape. However, if you still want a firmer cheesecake after chilling it, you can also pop it into your freezer for a couple more hours to make sure it sets perfectly.
Can I freeze no-bake cheesecake to make it set faster?
Yes you can as an alternative to chilling it in the refrigerator. First, you should cover the surface of the cake with a cling wrap. This is because it prevents ice from crystallizing on top. Then, simply place it in the freezer for an hour. You can serve it right after.
This easy no bake Oreo cheesecake is one of our favorite desserts to make. Its combination of light and airy texture, decadent cream cheese filling, and crunchy Oreo cookie crust, is hard to resist. This recipe is also versatile so you can play with any cookies you love!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!