Thanksgiving isn’t complete without a pie serving. Whether you want something classic or you just want to skip pumpkin-flavored ones, this Classic Sweet Potato Pie is the recipe for you! Make the old-fashioned sweet potato pie a little extra by adding some nutty sweetness brought by ground nutmeg!
Classic Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
An old-fashioned tasty pie serving with nutty sweetness perfect for Thanksgiving!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes until very tender. Drain well.
- Mash the potatoes in a bowl. The potatoes should yield about 2¾ cups of mashed potatoes.
- Add butter to hot potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Add sugar, nutmeg, baking powder, egg, vanilla, and evaporated milk. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Pour into the pie shell, then spread evenly to the edges.
- Bake for about 55 minutes until the pie has set and is lightly browned on top. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Sugar: 24g
- Calcium: 130mg
- Calories: 251kcal
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 411mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 211mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 16350IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!