How To Make Copycat Marie Callender’s Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
This cream cheese pie is fabulously indulgent and creamy! This refreshing pie combines the zestiness of lemon with the comforting taste of cheesecake.
Copycat Marie Callender’s Lemon Cream Cheese Pie Recipe Video
How To Make Copycat Marie Callender's Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
For the crust:
Mix all ingredients together and shape the mixture in a 9 inch greased cake tin.
Keep chilled until ready for use.
For the cream cheese layer:
Combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and salt in a medium-sized pan.
Cook on a very low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to boil lightly.
Mix gelatin with water and dissolve.
When dissolved, add to the mixture along with vanilla and stir well.
- Cook until mixture reaches a light boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool off.
When it's lukewarm, layer cream cheese on the crust and refrigerate until cooled.
For the lemon topping:
Place water, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, salt and lemon zest in a saucepan. Whisk until the mixture comes to a boil at medium heat.
- Cook for 2 minutes until thick.
- Temper the eggs by adding ¼ of the hot mixture in beaten eggs slowly and stir constantly.
- When the mixture is completely blended, pour egg mixture into the rest of the hot mixture. Stir and cook until it reaches the simmering stage.
- Stir and let simmer slowly for about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Stir until fully incorporated and set aside until cooled down.
When the lemon mixture reaches room temperature, gently smooth it over the cream cheese mixture.
- Chill for several hours before serving, preferably overnight.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!