This cream cheese pie is fabulously indulgent and creamy! This refreshing pie combines the zestiness of lemon with the comforting taste of cheesecake.
How To Make Copycat Marie Callender's Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ¼ cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter melted
Cream Cheese Layer
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Knox gelatin
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. cold water
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 4 egg yolks beaten
- 2 tbsp. butter
For the crust
- Mix all ingredients together and shape the mixture in a 9" greased pie pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Making the cream cheese layer
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and salt in a medium-sized pan.
- Cook on a very low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to boil lightly.
- Mix gelatin with water and dissolve.
- When dissolved, add to mixture along with vanilla and stir well.
- Cook until mixture reaches a light boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool off.
- When it's lukewarm, layer cream cheese on crust and refrigerate until cooled.
Making lemon topping
- Place water, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, salt and lemon peel in a saucepan. Whisk until the mixture comes to a boil at medium heat.
- Cook for 2 minutes until thick.
- Pour 1/2 hot mixture in beaten eggs slowly and stir constantly.
- When the mixture is completely blended, pour egg mixture into the rest of the hot mixture. Stir and cook until it reaches the boiling stage.
- Stir and let boil slowly for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Stir and set aside until cooled off.
- When the lemon mixture reaches room temperature, gently smooth it over the cream cheese mixture.
- Chill for several hours before serving. Fresh whipped cream may be added on top as well.