Toasting the pecans before adding them to the filling deepens the flavors in the pie.
How To Make Toasted Pecan Pie
Nothing beats a classic. Try this fantastic recipe for toasted pecan pie to share among your family and friends on your next weekend bake! This recipe calls for a bit of your time but it sure is worth it.
- To make crust, blend flour and salt in processor 10 seconds.
- Add butter; cut in using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add 4 Tbsp. ice water; blend just until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if mixture is dry.
- Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk.
- Wrap in plastic; chill 1 hour.
- This can be made 2 days ahead.
- Keep chilled.
- Soften slightly at room temperature before rolling out.
To make filling, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coarsely chop 2 cups of pecans and reserve.
Spread 1 cup of pecans on rimmed baking sheet.
- Toast in oven until nuts are aromatic and darker in color, about 12 minutes.
- Cool, then grind nuts finely in processor.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Roll out crust on lightly floured surface to 13-inch round (crust will be thin).
Transfer crust to 10-inch-diameter pie dish.
- Fold overhang under, forming high-standing rim.
- Crimp edges decoratively.
- Freeze crust 20 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl until frothy.
- Add sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla, salt, and ground toasted pecans; whisk until blended.
- Mix in chopped pecans.
- Pour filling into crust.
Bake pie until crust is golden and filling is puffed and set (center may still move when dish is shaken), about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool at least 3 hours.
- Can be prepared 8 hours ahead.
- Let stand at room temperature.
- Cut pie into wedges and serve slightly warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
- Calcium: 68mg
- Calories: 974kcal
- Carbohydrates: 138g
- Cholesterol: 169mg
- Fat: 47g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 258mg
- Protein: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 401mg
- Sugar: 118g
- Vitamin A: 731IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!