Fresh peaches never tasted better! An old-fashioned favorite is even better with a lusciously easy berry sauce.
How To Make Southern Peach Pie
Peaches are the perfect dessert for the summer. Be productive with the abundance of the peaches with this sweet pie.
- Heat oven to 400 F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-in. glass pie pan.
- In large bowl, gently mix peaches and lemon juice to coat.
- Gently stir in all remaining filling ingredients.
- Spoon into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute.
- Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
- Meanwhile, in 2-qt. saucepan, mix 1/4 C. sugar and 1 Tbs. cornstarch.
- If necessary, add water to reserved raspberry liquid to measure 1/2 C. Gradually stir liquid into sugar mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Gently fold in raspberries; stir in almond extract.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To serve, cut pie into wedges; place on individual dessert plates.
- Spoon sauce over pie.
- Sugar: 41g
- Calcium: 17mg
- Calories: 433kcal
- Carbohydrates: 74g
- Fat: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 271mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 278mg
- Vitamin A: 377IU
- Vitamin C: 8mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!