This pie may not sound appetizing, but many people swear by it. You’ll even be surprised by hour the sour cream complements the tanginess of the raisins in tasty pie.
How To Make Sour Cream Raisin Pie
- Combine raisins and water in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, flour, and salt. Add enough sour cream (about 1/4 C.) to make a thick paste; add egg yolks; mix well.
- Add remaining sour cream; mix well. Stir sour cream mixture into simmering raisins, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and butter. Pour into baked pie shell; add meringue made from leftover egg whites.
- Brown in 350 degree oven. Cool and serve.
- Sugar: 20g
- Calcium: 45mg
- Calories: 245kcal
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 197mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 179mg
- Vitamin A: 365IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!