This sandwich-inspired pie would probably have been a favorite of Elvis.
How To Make Peanut Butter-Banana Pie
This peanut butter-banana pie recipe is inspired by the PBJ. Bright slices of banana mixed with rich peanut butter, and baked into a filling, sweet pie.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl, tossing with fork until moist.
- Press into bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes; cool crust on wire rack.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small heavy saucepan.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to boil; cook for 1 minute, stirring with a whisk.
- Gradually add about ⅓ cup hot custard to beaten eggs, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return egg mixture to pan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick for about 1 minute; stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Arrange banana slices in the bottom of prepared crust; spoon filling over bananas.
- Press plastic wrap onto surface of filling; chill 4 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Spread whipped topping evenly overfilling.
- Chill and serve when ready.
- Sugar: 33g
- Calcium: 70mg
- Calories: 312kcal
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 301mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 220mg
- Vitamin A: 317IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!