Enjoy this interesting recipe that combines three different types of desserts and made into one pie. The first two layers are English desserts that are primarily made of biscuits or cookies with butter. The top layer is an Asian mango custard.
How To Make Mango Custard Banoffee Biscuit Pie
This mango custard pie recipe makes a dreamy dessert. It has a crispy biscuit crust, and velvety custard mixed with sweet mangoes.
- Combine Butternut Snap Cookies and digestive biscuits in a food processor and process into fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse until combined. Press into a pie plate and refrigerate until you are ready to fill.
- Make your mango custard by pulsing your cubed mangoes and sugar for roughly 30 seconds or until pureed and smooth. Leave it in your food processor.
- Pour about ¼ of the coconut cream into a small bowl and add your cornstarch and beat until completely dissolved. Pour this mixture along with your egg yolks into your food processor with your mango puree. Process until well blended.
- Pour the remaining amount of coconut cream into a small saucepan over medium heat. Allow the cream to come to a simmer and then pour it into your food processor with the other ingredients. Process for about 10 seconds or until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Cook for the next 10 minutes while stirring constantly. Place the saucepan into a water bath while string constantly until the mixture cools. Spread onto your pie crust using an offset spatula to even the top.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and serve.
- Sugar: 33g
- Calcium: 59mg
- Calories: 850kcal
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Cholesterol: 268mg
- Fat: 67g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 348mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 42g
- Sodium: 546mg
- Vitamin A: 2733IU
- Vitamin C: 38mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries