How To Make Easy Orange Sweet Rolls
Oranges add a tangy-sweet flavor and fragrance to these sweet rolls. They’re soft and fluffy rolls for a more unique and tasteful dessert!
- 2¾cupsall-purpose flour,spoon and leveled
- ¼cupgranulated sugar
- 1pkgRed Star Platinum Superior Baking Yeast,(2¼ tsp)
- ¾cupwhole milk
- 3tbspunsalted butter
- 1large egg,room temperature
- 2tbsporange juice
- 1tbsporange zest
- 3tbspunsalted butter,softened to room temperature
- 1tbspground cinnamon
- ¼cupgranulated sugar
- 1tbsporange zest,from the orange
From Orange Icing:
- 1cupconfectioners’ sugar
- 3tbsporange juice
In a large bowl, toss the flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast together. Set aside.
Heat the milk and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm to the touch. Stir in the orange juice, orange zest, and egg.
Combine the butter mixture and the flour mixture and stir until it forms a soft dough. *
On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 1 minute. Place in a lightly greased bowl and let rest for about 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, roll the dough out in a 14×8-inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top.
Mix together the cinnamon, sugar, and orange zest. Sprinkle it all over the dough.
Roll up the dough tightly. Cut into 10 to 12 even rolls, then arrange in a lightly greased 9-inch round cake pan or pie dish.
Loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil or plastic wrap, then allow to rise in a warm, draft-free environment for 60 to 90 minutes.
After the rolls have doubled in size, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Bake for 25 to 28 minutes until lightly browned. Cover the rolls with aluminum foil after 15 minutes.
Whisk the confectioners’ sugar and the remaining orange juice together until smooth. Drizzle or spread over the warm rolls.
Serve, and enjoy!
- * Poke the dough with a finger—it should bounce back. If not, stir in more flour 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Cover leftover frosted or unfrosted rolls tightly and store for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 308.18kcal
- Fat: 8.62g
- Saturated Fat: 4.97g
- Trans Fat: 0.28g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.31g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.54g
- Carbohydrates: 52.34g
- Fiber: 2.45g
- Sugar: 23.43g
- Protein: 6.39g
- Cholesterol: 38.75mg
- Sodium: 236.09mg
- Calcium: 42.71mg
- Potassium: 126.15mg
- Iron: 1.87mg
- Vitamin A: 75.84µg
- Vitamin C: 5.55mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!