How To Make Crisco Pie Crust
Whether savory pies or sweet ones, this Crisco pie crust elevates baked goodies using simple ingredients for a perfectly crisp bite.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Measure out the crisco and add to the flour mixture.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the fat into the flour until the flour and fat has formed pea sized balls.
In a small bowl, whisk together the water, egg, and vinegar.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the flour and fat until a loose ball forms.
Coat the hands with flour and squeeze the dough together to form a tighter ball of dough.
- Cover the ball of dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or even over night.
- When rolling out the pie dough, be sure to roll the dough on a lightly floured surface and add flour sparingly if the dough is sticky.
Use as desired and enjoy.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!