While not many pies come close to the standard of Marie Callender’s recipes, we think this pie comes pretty close to the real thing. This luscious pie is brimming with a sweet filling with pecans and is sure to delight all pecan lovers.
How To Make Copycat Marie Callender's Pecan Pie
This Southern pecan pie recipe perfectly captures the taste of fall! Serve this up at Thanksgiving dinner and everyone will be asking for seconds!
Prep: 35 mins
Cook: 1 hr
Total: 1 hr 35 mins
- 1 deep-dish piecrust, prepared according to package
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp orange zest, grated (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, large
- 3 cups pecan halves, some crushed
- Set a rack in the middle of your oven and preheat it to 350 degrees.
- Set your prepared crust into a nine-inch pie plate.
- If you are using a homemade crust, trim the edges but leave a slight overhang, about 1/2-inch. Fold the overhang under the pie and then press against the rim of the pie plate.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the brown sugars and whisk until smooth.
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in both corn syrups, vanilla, zest if desired, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, gently beat the eggs and then whisk into the corn syrup mixture.
- Lay your pecan halves and pieces in the pie shell.
- Pour the corn syrup mixture evenly over the top and then bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour on top of a baking sheet.
- Let cool completely until set and serve.
- Sugar: 63g
- Calcium: 68mg
- Calories: 721kcal
- Carbohydrates: 80g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Fat: 45g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 233mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 246mg
- Vitamin A: 375IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!