How To Make Chocolatey and Dense Fudge Brownie Pie
Why choose between an intensely sweet brownies or a decadently filling pie when you can have both in this chocolatey and dense fudge brownie pie!
For Cookie Layer:
- 2cupsall-purpose flour,(250g), spoon & leveled
- 1tspbaking soda
- ¾cupunsalted butter,1.5 sticks, (170g), softened to room temperature
- ¾cuplight brown sugar,(150g) packed
- ¼cupgranulated sugar,50g
- 1large egg,at room temperature
- 2tsppure vanilla extract
- 1¼cupssemi-sweet chocolate chips,225g
For Brownie Layer:
- ½cupunsalted butter,1 stick (115g)
- 8ozquality semi-sweet chocolate,(228g) coarsely chopped
- ¾cupgranulated sugar,150g
- ¼cuplight brown sugar,(50g) packed
- 3large eggs,at room temperature
- 1tsppure vanilla extract
- ½cupall-purpose flour,+ 2 tbsp (80g), spoon & leveled
- 2tbspunsweetened cocoa powder,11g
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a deep-dish pie pan or use nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Make the cookie layer:
whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together until combined. Set aside.
In a large bowl using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter for 2 minutes on high speed until completely smooth and creamy.
Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar, then beat on medium high speed until fluffy and light in color.
Beat in the egg and vanilla on high speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
On low speed, slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined then beat in the chocolate chips.
The cookie dough will be thick. Press evenly into the prepared pie pan.
Make the brownie layer:
Melt the butter and chopped chocolate together in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave for 1 and 1/2 minutes.
Remove and stir until all the chocolate is melted. Reheat for 20 more seconds if needed.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before adding the eggs (don’t want them to scramble!).
Whisk in both sugars, the eggs, and vanilla extract. Then whisk in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Spread over the cookie layer.
Bake the pie for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean with a few moist brownie crumbs.
Loosely tent the top of the pie with aluminum foil if the edges are browning too quickly.
Allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
Or allow to only cool for 30 minutes and serve warm with ice cream.
- Leftovers keep well covered at room temperature for 5 days.
- Calories: 699.08kcal
- Fat: 38.66g
- Saturated Fat: 23.20g
- Trans Fat: 0.94g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.19g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.81g
- Carbohydrates: 87.81g
- Fiber: 3.86g
- Sugar: 58.53g
- Protein: 8.07g
- Cholesterol: 135.41mg
- Sodium: 341.93mg
- Calcium: 50.75mg
- Potassium: 267.62mg
- Iron: 3.46mg
- Vitamin A: 226.09µg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!