How To Make Apple Galette with Blue Cheese, Almonds and Honey Recipe
If you’re a fan of sweet yet slightly salty desserts, then you’ll love this apple galette. It has almonds, blue cheese, and honey with a kick of nutmeg.
Prep: 30 mins
Chill: 35 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 1 hr 35 mins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes, cold
- 3 tbsp ice water
- 1 lb baking apples, (3 medium), such as honeycrisp, macoun or empire
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp turbinado sugar, (or sugar in the raw)
- 3 tbsp almonds, sliced
- 2 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a mixing bowl, stir the flour, sugar and salt until combined. Add the butter cubes and toss to coat them in the flour. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes while preparing the apples.
- Cut the apples in half and slice out the cores, leaving the peels on. With the flat sides down, cut the apple halves into 3/8-inch-thick half-moon slices.
- Transfer the chilled flour and butter mixture to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse in short bursts until the butter is cut into pea-size pieces. (A few large pieces are okay.)
- Open the top of the food processor and drizzle the ice water over the mixture. Replace the lid and pulse again in short bursts until the mixture looks uniform and crumbly but does not yet form large clumps of dough.
- Press a small amount of the dough together. It should form a clump that holds together firmly when pressed without cracking at the edges. If it feels crumbly or dry, sprinkle with additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse briefly to mix.
- Turn out the crumbly dough onto the countertop. Press the dough into a flat disk with the palms without manipulating it too much. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- On a floured work surface with a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Leaving a 2-inch border all around and starting at the outer edge, overlap the apple slices to fill the pie crust. Sprinkle with the nutmeg and sugar. Fold the edge of the pie crust over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the crust is golden.
- While the tart is baking, spread the almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden. Watch carefully to keep them from burning.
- Remove the tart from the oven. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and blue cheese crumbles. Drizzle the honey over top. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Calcium: 39.7mg
- Calories: 268.3kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32.8g
- Cholesterol: 33.4mg
- Fat: 14.6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Iron: 1.0mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.0g
- Potassium: 119.6mg
- Protein: 3.4g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2g
- Sodium: 192.4mg
- Sugar: 18.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Vitamin A: 106.3mcg
- Vitamin C: 2.6mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!