It would be a fabulous all-American treat served at your Presidential Parties or any flag waving day. It uses cranberries, apples and blueberries and it’s very quick and easy to make! Make it extra scrumptious and top the warm pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
How To Make Americana Apple Pie
Cranberries, apples, blueberries in an All-American apple pie recipe
- Roll out dough.
- Make bottom 1-inch bigger than plate.
- Place bottom crust in 9-inch pie pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Roll out top crust 2 inches larger than plate.
- Roll in wax paper and chill while making filling.
To make cranberry filling:
- Simmer the compote ingredients together in a large saucepan about 10 minutes and cool.
To prepare apples:
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add sugars, juices, spices, zest, blueberries, cranberry compote and flour. Mix.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add apple mixture to prepared pie plate.
- Dot with butter.
- Unroll top crust on wax paper and using a small (1 inch) star cookie cutter cut out random stars across crust.
- Add top crust and finish edge as desired.
- Baste with egg wash.
- Paste star cutouts on top crust with egg wash and wash top crust a second time.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven 65-70 minutes or until crust is a rich golden brown.
- Sugar: 61g
- Calcium: 50mg
- Calories: 362kcal
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 293mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Vitamin A: 469IU
- Vitamin C: 16mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!