How To Make Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
This turkey taco recipe is the perfect healthy snack served in no time! Have that wonderful crisp together with spice from the well-seasoned turkey meat.
Brown turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
When no longer pink, add dry seasoning and mix well.
Add the onion, pepper, water, and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
Wash and dry the lettuce.
Divide the meat equally between the 8 leaves and place in the center of each leaf.
Top with your favorite taco fixings!
- Look for lettuce leaves that are large and sturdy such as iceberg, baby romaine or butter.
- There are no hard rules as to what to top your tacos with. Shredded cheddar, light sour cream, chives, black olives, jalapeno, tomatoes can be good options!
- DIY taco seasoning is a healthier alternative to buying packaged taco seasoning as it uses less sodium, no sugar, no preservatives and no MSG. It is also relatively cheaper.
- Calories: 309.20kcal
- Fat: 17.34g
- Saturated Fat: 6.25g
- Trans Fat: 0.35g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.40g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.68g
- Carbohydrates: 5.02g
- Fiber: 1.62g
- Sugar: 2.05g
- Protein: 34.24g
- Cholesterol: 118.55mg
- Sodium: 657.60mg
- Calcium: 168.75mg
- Potassium: 586.65mg
- Iron: 2.99mg
- Vitamin A: 160.83µg
- Vitamin C: 9.74mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!