From meals for large groups to a healthy and quick grab-and-go lunch menu, a batch of homemade chicken burrito surely fits the bill. Make a bunch of zesty cheese and chicken burritos topped with salsa, jalapenos, and black olives in just 30 minutes with this easy recipe. Then, you can pair it with broccoli smoothie and avocado salad to complete your healthy meal.
Tips on Making Chicken Burrito
Burrito recipes are highly customizable, so there’s definitely one that will perfectly fit each person in a room. Master your burrito making skills with this simple recipe and expert tips on how to make burritos:
- First, to separate frozen flour tortillas quickly, microwave them in 10-second intervals on High until soft. This way, they are less likely to tear.
- In addition, make sure that your burrito filling ingredients are not watery. You certainly can customize this easy chicken burrito recipe with as much rice, refried beans, corn, and cheddar cheese as you want. We do not recommend putting vegetables and greens in, especially if you’re planning to store them. You can just use those ingredients for topping after baking instead.
- Do not overfill the burritos. This is one key factor in how to fold a burrito so that the fillings don’t fall out. They will be easy to store and eat too.
- Add other delicious seasonings to the chicken breast like tomato paste, lime juice, chili powder, and Italian seasoning, for instance. You can also substitute these for the taco mix.
- Lastly, use leftover rotisserie chicken to easily make a shredded chicken burrito. Moreover, you can take leftover cooked rice and turn it into Mexican rice to add it to the filling.
More Burrito Recipes You’ll Love
In this section, we have more burrito recipes of different flavor combinations to recommend for your meal prep menu. Easily make these must-try wraps at home.
- Chicken Breakfast Burrito — These protein-packed breakfast burritos filled with eggs, cheese, tomatoes, and chicken tenders will surely fill you up for the day.
- Fajita Chicken Burrito Bowl — For the rice lovers out there, this one’s for you! It has peppers, beans, avocado, and fresh and bright-tasting cilantro-lime white rice.
- Chili Potato Burritos — Here’s a recipe for spicy vegan burrito wraps made using potatoes seasoned with aromatic spices. It’s best paired with a red enchilada sauce.
- Pulled Pork Burritos — This is the perfect recipe to make use of your leftover pulled pork. Mixed with baked beans, Monterey Jack, and a spicy enchilada sauce, have this smoky burrito wrap ready in 25 minutes.
- Beef Burrito — These beef burritos are freezer-friendly. It’s made tasty and fresh by taco seasoning and cilantro.
How To Make Baked Chicken Burrito
Here’s a tasty baked chicken burrito topped with salsa, jalapenos, and olives. Easy food for a crowd in just 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
Slice the chicken breast into thin strips.
Season the chicken with half of the taco seasoning mix.
Heat oil in a medium skillet. Saute the chicken for about 7 minutes or until it is no longer pink and the juices come out clear.
Add the bell peppers and saute for another 1 minute.
In a shallow baking dish, place tortillas inside.
Divide chicken, beans, corn, and rice up between the tortillas.
Sprinkle cheese over the chicken and fold one half of the tortilla over the other.
Sprinkle more cheese on top of each tortilla and place burritos in the oven.
Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is slightly crispy.
Garnish with salsa, jalapenos, and black olives. Serve.
*Here’s a good recipe for tasty Mexican red rice that will be a great addition to your burrito filling.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 424mg
- Calories: 567kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Cholesterol: 126mg
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 650mg
- Protein: 43g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 1618mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2406IU
- Vitamin C: 42mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Is chicken burrito healthy?
It depends on the ingredients used. It is a good choice to use lean chicken breast, just like what we did in this recipe. Moreover, aside from filling them with veggies, you can make your homemade burritos even healthier by replacing refried beans. In the same way, replace the black beans and the Mexican red rice with brown rice, which is lower in carb.
ConclusionThese savory and cheesy baked chicken wraps are definitely something not to miss out on. Make a batch of chicken burrito for dinner, or refrigerate the rest in the fridge as grab-and-go lunch meals.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
BBQ & Grilled
Rice & Risotto
A rich and savory chicken and rice burrito that’s sure to satiate your burrito cravings! It’s filled with the right amount of spicy from the chicken and tangy from the cilantro rice.
Pan-Fry & Skillet