We understand how mornings can be a bit of a rush. The hectic schedules are always in the way of a hearty breakfast. What you need is a full breakfast meal that’s easy to prepare. This yummy breakfast burrito recipe features chorizo, a Mexican sausage growing in popularity and availability. Wrap it up like a burrito and take it on the go.
Marvelous Breakfast Burritos Recipe
This breakfast burrito features chopped chorizo sausages, red potatoes, cheese and a kick of from the hot sauce.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, add the sausage, onion, green pepper, and potatoes.
- Cover and stir occasionally, cooking until the potatoes are tender.
- Lower heat so the sausage cooks but does not get crispy.
- When potatoes are tender, push all to side of skillet and add the eggs.
- When they start to set, stir to scramble and cook till done.
- Mix the eggs and other ingredients together gently and remove to a bowl.
- In another skillet or on a griddle, heated to medium, cook a flour tortilla about one minute on each side to brown very lightly.
- Remove to a plate, add a large spoonful of the egg mixture in the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese and fold as you would a burrito.
- Repeat with each tortilla until the mixture is used up.
- You can either serve immediately or wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate over night.
- Heat the wrapped burritos in the oven until they are warm.
- Serve with salsa and hot sauce.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 56mg
- Calories: 210kcal
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 453mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 590mg
- Vitamin A: 265IU
- Vitamin C: 18mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!