Making homemade flour tortillas sounds like a daunting task…but, never fear!
This recipe is fun, fast and easy.
Homemade Flour Tortilla Recipe
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp lard
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Add all ingredients to list
- Mix together flour, salt and baking powder in a medium-sized glass bowl.
- Then, add in the lard until the flour begins to resemble cornmeal.
- Once this is done, combine the water slowly with the rest of the mixture until the dough comes together cohesively.
- Then, place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Once your dough is ready, separate it into 24 equal-sized balls.
- Now it's time to begin cooking your tortillas.
- Preheat a large skillet.
- Then, use a well-floured rolling pin to roll to flatten the balls into round tortillas.
- Place into the hot skillet, and cook until bubbly and golden.
- Flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!