When the weather starts to get warm, you will start to see more outdoor grill parties. This shrimp fajitas recipe is an excellent choice for the grill. It’s relatively easy to make and only takes about 50 minutes. If you have more people to feed, just double the recipe.
How To Make Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 lb shrimp either fresh or frozen
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 6 flour tortillas 8-inch
- 1 ½ cups guacamole
- In a freezer bag, combine all of the marinade ingredients and shake until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- If the shrimp is frozen, allow them to thaw. Remove the tail shells.
- Pour the shrimp into the bag and shake to fully coat in the marinade.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, shaking at least once during this time.
- Slice the onion and the red bell pepper into thin slices.
- Place the vegetables in a grill basket and spray with cooking spray.
- Grill covered for about 10 minutes on medium heat, turning after 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the vegetables. Cover and grill for about 5 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and grill for 1 minute on each side.
- Add the shrimp and vegetables with a dollop of guacamole on top of the tortillas.
- Fold the tortillas and arrange them with the seam on top.
- Serve while still warm and enjoy.