Cooked in a flavorful Hoisin and soy sauce and filled with chicken, mushrooms, and more. It makes this lettuce wrap recipe is truly a simple gourmet dish.
How To Make Copycat P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps
- Cover mushrooms with boiling water, let stand 30 minutes then drain.
- Cut and discard woody stems.
- Mince mushrooms. Set aside.
Mix all ingredients for cooking sauce in bowl, and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine cornstarch, sherry, water, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and chicken.
- Stir to coat chicken thoroughly.
- Stir in 1 tsp. oil and let sit 15 minutes to marinate.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 3 tbsp. oil, then add chicken and stir fry for about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil to pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilis (if desired), and onion; stir fry about a minute or so.
- Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; stir fry an additional 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add mixed cooking sauce to pan.
- Cook until thickened. and hot.
- Break cooked cellophane noodles into small pieces, and cover bottom of serving dish with them.
- Then pour chicken mixture on top of noodles.
- Spoon into lettuce leaf and roll.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 20mg
- Calories: 458kcal
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 789mg
- Protein: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 677mg
- Vitamin A: 177IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!