These refreshing sandwiches are simple and economical to make using a cooked rotisserie chicken from the market, cool, crisp veggies, and precooked bacon. The sesame slaw is a crunchy, sweet, and savory accompaniment that compliments the roll-ups perfectly. This meal is quick, healthy, and very satisfying. Best of all, you don’t have to cook a thing!
How To Make California Club Roll-Ups With Sesame Slaw (Copycat)
Put together this California Club roll ups with sesame slaw recipe. Savory chicken, crisp veggies, and smoky bacon wrapped in a healthy and filling sandwich.
Prep: 25 mins
Total: 25 mins
- 8 oz cabbage and carrot mix, shredded (or 1 pack of coleslaw mix)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
Sandwich (makes 4):
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, cooked
- 4 pieces whole wheat roll-up bread
- 12 butter lettuce, large leaves
- 8 slices bacon, precooked
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
To make slaw:
- Place the shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir the mayonnaise with the rice wine vinegar and sesame oil until combined.
- Add the honey and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the sesame seeds.
- Stir well and pour over the shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix.
- Toss well to combine and let sit while you prepare the roll-ups.
To make roll ups:
- Remove skin and bones from rotisserie chicken and cut meat into chunks.
- Place one piece of whole wheat roll up bread on a board and spread with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Place a few leaves of butter lettuce down the center of the bread.
- Top the lettuce with a few slices of tomato and ¼ of the sliced avocado.
- Place 2 slices of the pre-cooked bacon on top of the avocado and top with the chunked cooked rotisserie chicken.
- Roll up tightly, tucking in the ends, and cut diagonally in half.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 with the remaining three pieces of whole wheat roll up bread and remaining ingredients.
- Serve roll ups alongside a serving of Sesame Slaw and garnish the plate with a wedge of fresh watermelon.
- Sugar: 19g
- Calcium: 319mg
- Calories: 1244kcal
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Cholesterol: 203mg
- Fat: 101g
- Fiber: 12g
- Iron: 9mg
- Potassium: 1800mg
- Protein: 58g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Sodium: 1308mg
- Vitamin A: 16890IU
- Vitamin C: 52mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!