How To Make Asparagus with Melon and Prosciutto with Shaved Parmesan and Fresh Basil
Light salad recipe consisting of fresh asparagus spears and cheeses
Cook asparagus spears al dente in the microwave for 5 minutes with 2 tablespoons of water or chicken stock.
Then toss and cook for 5 to 7 minutes more. Set aside.
- Shred or cut prosciutto and cut melon into 1-inch chunks.
- Cut asparagus spears into thirds or quarters.
- Wrap a bundle of asparagus spears in proscuitto and repeat until all asparagus has been used.
- Top with parmesan shavings and sprinkle basil that has been cut in a chiffonade.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
When cooking the asparagus, the recipe will come out better if you make sure the asparagus is very dry after it is cooked.
- Calcium: 28mg
- Calories: 62kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 248mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 66mg
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A: 871IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!