How To Make Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
Slow-cooked lasagna soup combines all the savory herbed flavor and the tender pasta of lasagna with the consistency of soup into nice comfort food.
- 2tspolive oil
- 1lbground beef,500 g, lean, mince
- 1tbspgarlic,minced, or more to taste
- 1largecarrot,peeled and chopped
- 2cupschicken stock,or broth
- 14oztomato sauce,420 g, Passata
- 14oztomatoes,420 g, can, crushed
- 4tbsptomato paste
- 2tbspparsley,fresh, chopped
- 1beef bouillon cube,crushed
- salt,to taste
- black pepper,freshly ground, to taste
- 8largelasagna sheets,broken into bite size pieces
- 1cupmozzarella cheese,shredded, reduced-fat
- 8ozricotta cheese,250 g, reduced-fat
- ⅓cupparmesan cheese,finely shredded, plus extra to garnish
- 2tbspparsley,fresh chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 2tbspbasil,fresh chopped
- salt,to taste
Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Fry meat, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, until browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sauté the onion until softened. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients, cover with a lid and cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 hours.
In the last 30 minutes of cooking time, add the lasagna sheets, cover and continue to cook until the pasta is al dente.
Turn off the heat and add the Mozzarella, pressing into the heat of the sauce to allow it to melt.
Combine ricotta, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and basil in shallow bowl. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
Divide soup into bowls, scoop a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture on top, and sprinkle with extra chopped parsley and finely grated parmesan cheese to garnish.
- Calories: 482.73kcal
- Fat: 27.33g
- Saturated Fat: 13.25g
- Trans Fat: 0.67g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10.08g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.25g
- Carbohydrates: 31.11g
- Fiber: 3.80g
- Sugar: 8.35g
- Protein: 28.94g
- Cholesterol: 89.66mg
- Sodium: 1037.42mg
- Calcium: 379.77mg
- Potassium: 868.62mg
- Iron: 3.14mg
- Vitamin A: 241.27µg
- Vitamin C: 24.29mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!