This delectable slow cooker glazed carrots is the easiest and one of the best carrot recipes out there! It’s what I usually pair with my steak whenever I want to have a fancy dinner at home. Understandably so, as the carrots are deliciously glazed with honey and Dijon mixture. Not only that – this easy glazed carrots recipe also has saved me from busy weeknights SEVERAL TIMES already! It only needs a few minutes of preparation and a handful of easy-to-find ingredients to make this dish.
If there’s one vegetable that’s constantly included in my grocery list, it’s carrots. Why, it’s often the star of many scrumptious side dish recipes! I do love carrots smothered with bourbon and cinnamon or orange and maple glaze. But I have to say that these healthy crockpot carrots hit differently. It’s sweet, savory, and utterly mouthwatering! Here’s what you need to make these honey-glazed carrots:
- Carrots – I’m very partial to fresh baby carrots. But feel free to use regular, canned, or frozen carrots.
- Water – I used about 1¼ cup of water to steam the carrots.
- Kosher salt – To bring out the natural flavor of the carrots.
- Glaze – My glaze includes honey, Dijon mustard, butter, sage, and black pepper. Such a combination delivers sweet, savory, and buttery flavors ALL AT ONCE!
After preparing all the ingredients, I just tossed them in the crockpot. Believe me, the hardest part is probably peeling and slicing off the carrots on a bias. Making these slow cooker carrots is THAT easy! After all, when it comes to easy and almost hands-off recipes, nothing can beat the ever-reliable crockpots.
So, if you happen to have a crockpot and a bag of carrots at home, try this slow cooker glazed carrots recipe. This carrot side dish truly deserves repeat spots in your dinner rotation. But if you ask me, crockpot glazed carrots also make for a great dish to serve during holiday dinners!
How To Make Slow Cooker Honey-Dijon Glazed Carrots
Pop carrots in your crock pots to make these irresistible slow cooker glazed carrots. They’re smothered in a sweet-savory honey-Dijon mixture for the perfect mouthwatering side. It’s time-saving and will give you more room to do extra work!
- Place the carrots into the slow cooker.
- Add the water and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. Cover and cook the carrots on Low for 4 to 6 hours, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain the water from the carrots and return them to the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining salt, butter, honey, Dijon mustard, sage, and black pepper until they are blended well.
- Pour the honey-Dijon mustard glaze over the carrots. Toss the carrots in the glaze to coat evenly.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the slow cooker’s temperature to warm.
- Sprinkle your glazed carrots with fresh herbs, then serve and enjoy!
- For added flavor, you can also cook the carrots with chicken broth instead of water.
- Calories: 180.59kcal
- Fat: 4.90g
- Saturated Fat: 2.63g
- Trans Fat: 0.16g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.28g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.51g
- Carbohydrates: 34.86g
- Fiber: 7.36g
- Sugar: 22.47g
- Protein: 2.73g
- Cholesterol: 10.18mg
- Sodium: 713.59mg
- Calcium: 107.68mg
- Potassium: 765.96mg
- Iron: 1.30mg
- Vitamin A: 1930.61µg
- Vitamin C: 13.91mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!