Pork shoulder, slow cooked or simmered on the stove top with onion and spices. Serve hot in sandwich buns. This pork barbecue recipe is easy and delicious!
How To Make Barbecue Pork Two Ways
If there are other ways to cook pork barbecue, it would be this. The meat is slow-cooked until tender giving it a flavorful bite.
- Cut boneless pork shoulder crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Partially freezing it will make slicing easier.
- In the slow cooker, combine sliced pork, onion, garlic, brown sugar, dry mustard, salt, pepper, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce; mix well, and cover.
- Cook on low, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender.
Dutch Oven Method:
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine pork, onion, garlic, brown sugar, dry mustard, salt, pepper, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover.
Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 ½ - 3 hours or until pork is tender.
- Sugar: 21g
- Calcium: 29mg
- Calories: 132kcal
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 340mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 789mg
- Vitamin A: 315IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!