How To Make Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole With Sausage
Weekend breakfasts are made for this tater tot breakfast casserole with sausage. This rich dish will definitely fill you up and help you start your day.
- 16 fl oz frozen tater tots, 1 bag
- butter, for the baking dish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound breakfast sausage , spicy bulk
- 1 medium onion, very finely diced
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ¼ tsp seasoned salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 4 large eggs
- 1 red bell pepper, very finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, very finely diced
- 2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Line up the tater tots in a buttered 9x13-inch baking dish.
Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and onion and cook, breaking the sausage up with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly, then sprinkle it over the tater tots.
- In a large bowl, mix the milk, half-and-half, seasoned salt, cayenne, eggs, bell peppers, half of both cheeses and some salt and pepper. Pour over the tots and sausage mixture, then top with the rest of the cheese. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake, covered, for about 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is brown and bubbly and the casserole is cooked through, which takes another 20 to 35 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 390mg
- Calories: 542kcal
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Cholesterol: 174mg
- Fat: 40g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 506mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 990mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1205IU
- Vitamin C: 37mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!