This 5-ingredient hot dog casserole dish is something that kids will love! It features hot dogs, corn, hash brown, shredded cheese, and cream of chicken soup to make a delicious comfort food for dinner. When you’re thinking of what to make with hotdogs, be sure to try this recipe. Enjoy it with some cornbread or butter biscuits on the side.
Tips on Making Hot Dog Casserole
Casserole recipes are a busy mom’s best friend. They’re easy, yummy, and you can practically use whatever ingredients you have on hand and even customize them according to how you like them! Here are the best tips about making this hot dog casserole dish.
- The best hot dogs to use are the ones that you have already tried and tested. Pick the best ones that you already like the taste of. You may even use a combination of chicken, cheese, and beef hot dogs. Just be sure to thaw them from frozen before cooking.
- For ingredient alternatives, you can use condensed cream of mushroom or vegetable soup instead of chicken soup. Then try using canned chili to make it chili-dog inspired, similar to this chili cheese dog casserole. You can also conveniently use tater tots to make a tater tot hot dog casserole. For a healthier, low carb, and keto-friendly alternative for potatoes, you can use cauliflower rice instead.
- Use any or a combination of good melting cheeses like American cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, or mozzarella cheese, for instance.
- Add other delicious ingredients into the casserole like diced green bell pepper, baked beans, diced tomatoes, and pickle relish. You can also top it with chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes or chili powder for some spice. Additionally, you can toss in a cup of fried onions and a teaspoon of onion powder for a deeper flavor.
How To Make 5 Ingredient Hot Dog Casserole
Made with hot dogs, corn, hash browns, canned chicken soup, and cheese, this hot dog casserole is an easy comfort food dinner recipe that kids and adults will love.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a baking casserole, preferably a 15-inch casserole.
- Place the hash browns in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Add the soup, corn, and hot dogs. Spread the mixture evenly to cover all blank spaces.
- Finally, top the casserole with provolone cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Portion accordingly and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 144mg
- Calories: 427kcal
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 535mg
- Protein: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 1123mg
- Vitamin A: 435IU
- Vitamin C: 10mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use hotdogs without boiling them?
Yes! When baking hot dogs, you can use them without boiling them first. Further, it’s actually better to cook hot dogs straight without boiling them as boiling takes away a good amount of their flavor. The hotdogs will be fully cooked by the time the hot dog casserole gets out of the oven.
What to serve with hot dog casserole?
You can serve it with some starch like mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, or pasta, for instance. Then complete the meal by pairing it with fruit juice or soda for drinks.
How to store hot dog casserole?
To store your casserole, place it in an airtight container and then refrigerate it for up to 5 days. Reheat it in the microwave for 1-3 minutes on High power. Do note that we do not recommend freezing it as freezing and thawing will make it watery.
ConclusionMake this recipe for a fun snack. Cheese, hash browns, hotdogs, and corn — this hot dog casserole has everything we love in one dish!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!