Casseroles are the best way to make a quick and easy meal for the family, and this delicious Veg-All casserole dish is no exception! This veg casserole is full of mixed vegetables and water chestnuts that are then combined with condensed mushroom soup, mayonnaise, and shredded cheddar cheese. Blend all of these together on a casserole baking dish, and top it off with some crushed Ritz crackers. After a few minutes of baking, serve this delicious creamy casserole with a side of tasty and crispy hash browns for a healthy and hearty meal.
Tips on Making Veg-All Casserole
Make lunch or dinner meals extra delicious with this tasty homemade mixed vegetable casserole. In just less than an hour, you can enjoy a warm casserole dish made from simple ingredients. For this Veg-All casserole, there are a lot of ways you can make your casserole taste even better. Customize your casserole dish by mixing it up with other kinds of flavorful ingredients.
- Add more vegetables. Aside from the canned mixed vegetables, feel free to add more fresh veggies in this hearty casserole mix. Try adding in some cauliflower, broccoli, or bean sprouts for some added flavor and crunch. Just make sure that you keep these vegetables drained or thawed (if using frozen vegetables). It’s important to keep the veggies free from any liquid or moisture as it can affect the consistency of your casserole. No one wants a watery veggie casserole dish!
- Try adding in cooked meat. A Veg-All casserole with ground beef or cooked chicken bits will definitely make the casserole more flavorful and meatier. It’s best to cook your preferred meat beforehand. Raw meat extends the cooking time of the casserole which can overcook the veggies by the time it’s done.
- Use condensed celery soup or chicken soup as a substitute for condensed mushroom soup. Adding creamy homemade or canned soups in a casserole enhances the dish greatly. If you prefer a more herby and slightly peppery flavor for your Veg-All casserole, then go for cream of celery soup. Or, enjoy the subtle savory taste of cream chicken soup when mixed with the vegetables.
- Use sour cream as a substitute for mayonnaise. The tangy taste and creamy texture of sour cream makes for a suitable and delicious alternative to mayonnaise. In fact, a Veg-All casserole with sour cream is a wonderful recipe variation that you can try to amp up the flavor of the casserole with a bit of tang!
- Experiment with other types of cheeses. Feel free to try other kinds of cheeses as well for this casserole recipe. Besides cheddar cheese, you can also use shredded or grated cheese like Velveeta cheese or mozzarella cheese for a creamier and more cheesy dish.
How To Make Veg-All Casserole
This Veg-All casserole recipe is full of delicious Southern veggies in a creamy casserole. The water chestnuts and saltine cracker topping add a lovely crunch to the creamy dish.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking casserole dish of your choice with cooking spray.
Combine all the ingredients, except the crackers, in a mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
Pour into the greased baking dish and sprinkle with the crushed crackers on top.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes until lightly toasted and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 141mg
- Calories: 632kcal
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Fat: 43g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 15g
- Potassium: 343mg
- Protein: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 1072mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 3271IU
- Vitamin C: 7mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What is in a can of Veg-All?
A can of Veg-All contains carrots, potatoes, celery, sweet peas, green beans, corn, and lima beans. It also has salt, water, onion flavoring, and calcium chloride for added flavor and maintaining firmness. It’s the best ready-made ingredient to add in a lot of vegetable or vegetarian casserole recipes.
What do you eat casserole with?
To make this Veg-All casserole dish even better, you can serve it with some of your favorite side dishes. This dish tastes great with a warm bowl of roasted butternut squash soup or a tasty vegetarian baked beans dish. But, If you prefer creamy side dishes, then you can make a classic Southern style mac and cheese with homemade mashed potatoes to pair. These are some of the creamy and savory side dishes that you can try to make alongside this tasty Veg-All casserole.
Can you freeze Veg-All casserole?
Yes, you can freeze this casserole dish. Make sure that you thaw the frozen casserole before reheating it in the oven. Place the whole or leftover casserole on a baking dish and then cover with an oven-safe aluminium foil. Keep the oven at a moderate temperature around 325 to 350 degrees F, and then heat for about 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
ConclusionIf you’re looking for casserole recipes with vegetables, then this homemade Veg-All casserole is the best dish to try. Enjoy a homemade casserole meal with this quick and easy casserole recipe. Its delicious combination of vegetables, water chestnuts, and creamy ingredients with a saltine cracker topping make for a perfect afternoon meal for the family. Serve alongside delicious side dishes of your choice!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!