This recipe is perfect for weekday breakfasts, make on a Sunday night and you’ll have a delicious, perfectly cooked sausage and egg casserole. What better way to start the week than with an easy, wholesome breakfast?
How To Make Crockpot Sausage & Egg Casserole
- 12 beaten eggs
- 14 slices of bread
- 2 1/4 cup milk low-fat or skim is ok
- 2 1/2 cup cheddar or monterey jack cheese grated
- 1 lb. sausage cooked and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper more or less to taste
- 2 tsp mustard optional
- Grease the sides of the crock with butter.
- If desired, spread mustard on one side of the bread and cut bread into large squares.
- Make layers in the crockpot of bread, followed by sausage, followed by cheese, ending with a cheese layer.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
- Pour over crockpot mixture, cover and turn on low. Cook for 8-12 hours.
Commonly Asked Questions
This portion is too big, can I store this?
You can keep this for up to 5 days in an airtight container in your fridge. Meaning that you can make breakfast for the entire week with this recipe. However, if you’re not big on repeating meals, half the ingredients of this recipe for a smaller Sausage and Egg Casserole.