A quiche is a breakfast item that many of us love. However, the crust and pastry in a quiche is often laden with butter. Making it a less than healthy breakfast food. With this Crockpot Morning Casserole, you get all the good bits of a quiche without the extra calories!
How To Make Crockpot Morning Casserole
- 32 oz bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb ham cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper more or less to taste
- Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese.
- Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together.
- Pour over the Crockpot mixture, cover and turn on low.
- Cook for 10-12 hours.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I make this without a crockpot?
Yes! Absolutely. However, this means that you won’t be able to make the night before. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir-fry your bacon until crisp. Add bell peppers and onions and cook till soft. Roughly 5 minutes. Spray or oil a baking dish. Combine all ingredients in your baking dish and pop into the oven for about 40 minutes or until you can stick a knife in and pull it out clean