As we’ve mentioned many times on here, there are few things that beat waking up to ready-made breakfast. Which is why we absolutely love our crockpot breakfast recipes. This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is no exception!
How To Make Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- 1 (32 oz.) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb. bacon or 1 lb. cooked ham, diced, cooked, and drained
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper (more or less to taste)
- Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker (Crockpot), followed by a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese.
- Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
- Pour over the Crockpot mixture, cover and turn on low.
- Cook for 10-12 hours.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe without a crockpot?
We have good news, you can! Get out a baking dish and spray with cooking oil. Follow the same instructions when it comes to layering your various ingredients. Cook at 350 F for 30 minutes covered, followed by 15 minutes uncovered. This will ensure that your breakfast casserole is cooked through while not burnt on the top!