Create a fun twist to your sweet potatoes with this potato casserole recipe. With a generous amount of butter and a light cream to add, it’s a superb dinner meal for the family.
How To Make Crispy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat butter and oil together until butter has melted.
Pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle butter/oil puddle with some salt and pepper.
- Arrange your potato slices vertically in the dish.
- Top with shallots and sage if desired.
- Brush tops of potatoes with remaining butter/oil and season generously with more salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until potatoes are tender and almost fully cooked.
- Increase oven heat to 450°F, remove foil and let roast another 10 to 20 minutes, until tops of potatoes are nicely browned.
- Sugar: 25g
- Calcium: 203mg
- Calories: 784kcal
- Carbohydrates: 117g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Fat: 32g
- Fiber: 17g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 1989mg
- Protein: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Vitamin A: 81096IU
- Vitamin C: 15mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!