This Potato Gratin is cooked to cheesy perfection and baked to a crispy crunch on the outside.
How To Make Cheesy Potato Gratin
To prepare the casserole dish:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter the casserole or ramekin dishes.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dishes.
- Add the onion slices, and the remaining potatoes on top of the onions.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set the casserole dish aside.
To make the cheese sauce:
- Using a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Throw in flour and salt. Stir constantly with a whisk for one minute.
Add in milk and cook until mixture has thickened.
- Place cheese into saucepan and continue stirring until melted.
Assemble and bake:
Pour cheesy sauce over the potatoes, and cover the dishes with aluminum foil.
Bake 1 ½ hours in the preheated oven.
- Let cool, remove aluminum foil and serve.
- Sugar: 9g
- Calcium: 481mg
- Calories: 520kcal
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Fat: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 1131mg
- Protein: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 717mg
- Vitamin A: 998IU
- Vitamin C: 14mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!