How To Make Sweet Fire Chicken
This sweet fire chicken is one flavorful and easy dish to make. It combines the sweetness of pineapples with the heat of chili.
- In a bowl, combine egg white and cornstarch, and whisk until well-blended and frothy. Add chicken and let stand for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple juice, sweet chili sauce, and cornstarch. Stir until well-blended. Set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 2-inches deep of oil to about 350 F. Add chicken pieces and stir gently to separate.
Deep-fry for about 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
- Remove excess oil from the pan except for about 1 tablespoon. Increase heat to medium-high heat.
- Add onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until tender yet crisp.
- Add pineapples and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. With a slotted spoon, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Stir the sweet chili sauce mixture to redistribute and add to the pan. Allow to boil for about 1 to 2 minutes until bubbly and thickened. Season with salt to taste.
- Add chicken, bell peppers, onions, and pineapples back into the pan. Gently toss to fully coat with sauce.
- Transfer onto a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve hot.
- Sugar: 67g
- Calcium: 72mg
- Calories: 709kcal
- Carbohydrates: 79g
- Cholesterol: 193mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 994mg
- Protein: 74g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 1049mg
- Vitamin A: 1973IU
- Vitamin C: 95mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries
Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, Pavlova is a dessert you can serve with some whipped cream and juicy fruits. For this recipe, we'll be using passion fruit for that deluxe flavor.
No more trips to the grocery store once you get a hand of making your own sweet pickles.
Pan-Fry & Skillet
This refreshing strawberry fizz has got a minty taste to it.
Breads & Doughs