How To Make Sweet Fire Chicken
This sweet fire chicken is one flavorful and easy dish to make. It combines the sweetness of pineapples with the heat of chili.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into ¼-inch thick and 1-inch length, boneless skinless
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ small onion, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, (packed in juice)
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ⅔ cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ tsp. cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- In a bowl, combine egg white and cornstarch, and whisk until well-blended and frothy. Add chicken and let stand for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple juice, sweet chili sauce, and cornstarch. Stir until well-blended. Set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 2-inches deep of oil to about 350 F. Add chicken pieces and stir gently to separate.
Deep-fry for about 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
- Remove excess oil from the pan except for about 1 tablespoon. Increase heat to medium-high heat.
- Add onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until tender yet crisp.
- Add pineapples and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. With a slotted spoon, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Stir the sweet chili sauce mixture to redistribute and add to the pan. Allow to boil for about 1 to 2 minutes until bubbly and thickened. Season with salt to taste.
- Add chicken, bell peppers, onions, and pineapples back into the pan. Gently toss to fully coat with sauce.
- Transfer onto a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve hot.
- Sugar: 67g
- Calcium: 72mg
- Calories: 709kcal
- Carbohydrates: 79g
- Cholesterol: 193mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 994mg
- Protein: 74g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 1049mg
- Vitamin A: 1973IU
- Vitamin C: 95mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!