How To Make Paella de Mariscos
Serve up some truly Spanish flavors with this paella de mariscos recipe. This dish is customizable, but for this version there's seafood and veggies.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1½ cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 pc tomato, finely chopped
- 1 pcs red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 pc garlic cloves
- 1½ cup Spanish paella rice , (Bright Sabroz, Bomba, or Calasparra)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 34 fl oz seafood stock, or vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp saffron threads
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 3½ fl oz red peppers, roasted, drained and chopped
- 10 pcs mussels, scrubbed (do not use any that have opened)
- 10 pcs littleneck clams, scrubbed (do not use any that have opened)
- 7 fl oz fish, skinless, boneless, firm-fleshed, (like monkfish or cod), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 pcs shrimp, or prawns
- ¼ cup fresh peas, (or frozen, thawed, and drained)
- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Add oil to a paella pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Stir in tomatoes and bell pepper.
Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until peppers have softened.
Stir in garlic, and saute for another minute. Add rice and stir to combine. Toast the rice in the pan, stirring occasionally for about 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in wine and bring to a boil, and continue boiling for 1 minute.
Stir in stock, saffron, and salt. Turn the heat down to medium-low and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook until half of the liquid is absorbed, gently moving the pan around occasionally to make sure the rice cooks evenly. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Stir in roasted red peppers. Nestle all of the seafood except the shrimp into the rice. Make sure everything is tucked in and evenly distributed.
- Continue to cook, simmering for 20 minutes, until the seafood is cooked through and the rice is al dente. Add shrimp and peas in the last 8 minutes of cooking, distributing them evenly in the rice.
Once everything is cooked through, turn the heat up to high for about 30 seconds. This will toast the rice on the bottom of the pan. Keep an eye on it.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges before serving.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 62mg
- Calories: 209kcal
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 323mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 620mg
- Vitamin A: 456IU
- Vitamin C: 21mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!