How To Make Pollo Fundido
Pollo fundido is a quick and easy Mexican-inspired recipe that brings chicken and cheese together. It's served with a creamy fundido sauce.
- 3 cup chicken, cooked, shredded
- ¾ cup salsa, of your favorite kind
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1½ cup cheese, shredded, divided
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- olive oil
For Fundido Sauce:
- 4 fl oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp jalapenos, canned, diced, to taste
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Prepare fundido sauce by adding all sauce ingredients to food processor or blender and mix until smooth. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed. Set aside (or make in advance and refrigerate).
- Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano and 1 cup of cheese. Place a heaping ½ cup or so of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Fold the sides of the tortilla in and roll up tightly like a burrito.
- Add enough oil to a skillet to just cover the bottom of the pan. Heat to medium. Once the oil is hot, pan fry the burritos, turning every 30 seconds or so, until golden on all sides. Place on a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Once all burritos are crispy, turn oven to high broil. Remove paper towel from under the burritos and spoon some fundido sauce over each burrito. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
Broil for 2 to 3 minutes until warm and melty. Serve garnished with green onion.
To bake instead of pan fry, line burritos on a baking sheet, seem side down, and brush the tops lightly with olive oil or cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 269mg
- Calories: 294kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Fat: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 262mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 602mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 957IU
- Vitamin C: 10mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!