How To Make Huevos a la Mexicana (Mexican Scrambled Eggs)
These Mexican scrambled eggs or huevos a la Mexicana will brighten up your mornings! It's made with jalapeno, tomatoes, and onions.
Prep: 6 mins
Cook: 4 mins
Total: 10 mins
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 plum tomato, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, jalapeño, and tomato, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for about about 6 minutes until soft.
Add cilantro and eggs, and cook, folding eggs over in large curds occasionally, for about 4 minutes until cooked through.
Serve and enjoy.
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!