How To Make Shrimp in Garlic Sauce
Impress your guests with these deliciously tender Shrimp in Garlic Sauce dish that offers a notable garlicky and savory taste that everyone raves about.
In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
Add the garlic, bay leaf, and red pepper flakes, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the shrimp, salt, and black pepper to the pan and stir to combine.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes until the shrimp are just done.
Stir in the sherry, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Deveining Shrimp: Dark shrimp veins are usually removed for aesthetic purposes and it’s not essential to take them out, especially if pressed for time.
- Fish Alternatives: Squid would be delicious with the garlic sauce. Cook it quickly (for about 2 minutes), or it will become tough and rubbery. Sea scallops are another alternative. Cook them for about 2 minutes per side, without stirring, so they brown nicely.
- Wine Recommendation: Bold Mediterranean flavors welcome an easygoing wine such as a dry rosé from Spain or the south of France. If wine with a bit more sweetness is preferred, try a white zinfandel from California
- Calories: 663.45kcal
- Fat: 56.37g
- Saturated Fat: 8.06g
- Trans Fat: 0.04g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 39.82g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 6.37g
- Carbohydrates: 5.32g
- Fiber: 0.28g
- Sugar: 0.39g
- Protein: 31.23g
- Cholesterol: 285.76mg
- Sodium: 1288.04mg
- Calcium: 135.79mg
- Potassium: 306.77mg
- Iron: 1.12mg
- Vitamin A: 135.62µg
- Vitamin C: 7.76mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!