Wolfgang Puck Health-conscious home-cooked meals can be packed with flavor and satisfaction, as our recipe here demonstrates. Give the chops a richly caramelized surface by searing them in just a little oil and butter (no need to deprive yourself completely!). This also creates concentrated, flavorful deposits on the bottom of the pan, which you can use as the foundation for a delicious sauce.
How To Make Pork Chops with Braised Cabbage and Balsamic Sherry Sauce
A delicious way to elevate your regular grilled pork chops with this wonderful recipe. Juicy chops along with braised cabbage and a wonderfully finished off with balsamic vinegar sauce would surely win the hearts of your family and friends.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, heavy saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the oil and then half of the butter.
As soon as the butter melts, add the pork chops and saute them until slightly pink inside, about 5 minutes per side.
Transfer the chops to a heated platter and pour off the excess fat from the pan.
- Add half of the vinegar and all of the sherry and stir and scrape the pan over medium heat to deglaze the pan deposits. Add the chicken broth and, over medium heat, boil until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saute pan over medium heat, saute the bacon until crisp.
Spoon off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat; add the remaining vinegar and stir and scrape to deglaze the pan.
- Add the cabbage, raise the heat to high, and stir until the shreds are heated through and wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the pan of sauce to medium heat and whisk in the Dijon mustard and remaining butter.
- Divide the cabbage among heated serving plates.
- Place a pork chop on each bed of cabbage and spoon the sauce around and over each chop.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with chives.
- Sugar: 747g
- Calcium: 1396mg
- Calories: 4770kcal
- Carbohydrates: 853g
- Cholesterol: 113mg
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 37mg
- Potassium: 6344mg
- Protein: 55g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 1704mg
- Vitamin A: 449IU
- Vitamin C: 41mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pan-Fry & Skillet
BBQ & Grilled