How To Make One Pan Creamy Chicken and Rice
Achieve a gratifying meal out of this one pan creamy chicken recipe. Composed of rice, chicken broth, and vegetables with cream and even parmesan.
- 1cupyellow onion,small, chopped
- 1cupsliced carrots,about 2 medium
- 1cupsliced celery,about 3 stalks
- 2tbspolive oil,divided
- 1¼lbstrimmed boneless,skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1tbspgarlic,(3 cloves), minced
- 1cuplong grain white rice
- 2½cupslow-sodium chicken broth
- 1½tspfresh thyme,and/or rosemary, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1cupfrozen petite peas
- ½cupheavy cream
- ⅓cupparmesan cheese,finely shredded
- 2tbspfresh parsley,minced
Heat 1½ Tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery and saute until tender for about 8 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining ½ Tablespoon of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
Add garlic and cook until chicken is nearly cooked through for about 2 minutes longer.
Add in rice, chicken broth, and thyme then season with salt and pepper to taste. Return veggies to skillet.
Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover with lid and simmer until liquid has been absorbed and rice is nearly tender for about 18 to 20 minutes.
Stir in peas and cream, cover, and cook until rice is fully tender for about 5 minutes longer.
Stir in parmesan and parsley. Serve warm.
- Calories: 303.65kcal
- Fat: 22.22g
- Saturated Fat: 10.17g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9.49g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.53g
- Carbohydrates: 17.25g
- Fiber: 4.19g
- Sugar: 6.70g
- Protein: 11.22g
- Cholesterol: 49.18mg
- Sodium: 782.00mg
- Calcium: 223.01mg
- Potassium: 507.27mg
- Iron: 1.53mg
- Vitamin A: 430.91µg
- Vitamin C: 23.89mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!