How To Make Easy Shrimp Fajitas
These shrimp fajitas are seasoned with cumin, coriander, and cayenne, cooked with a dash of lime juice plus the color and flavors of onions and peppers.
- 1½lbsshrimp,large, peeled and deveined
- 2tbspfresh lime juice
- 2tspchili powder,preferably 1 tsp regular, 1tsp ancho
- 1tspground cumin
- ½tspground coriander
- ¼tspcayenne pepper,or to taste, optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3tbsplight olive oil,or vegetable oil, divided
- 1small yellow or red onion,halved and sliced
- 2bell peppers,any color
- 3tbspfresh cilantro,chopped
- 8medium flour tortillas,warmed
- sliced avocado and crumbled queso fresco,optional
Dab shrimp with paper towels to help dry some of the excess moisture, place in a medium mixing bowl.
Add in lime juice, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper and toss. Set aside.
Heat 1½ tablespoon olive oil in a 12-inch cast-iron pan or non-stick skillet.
Add in onions and saute for 2 minutes, then add in bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper and saute until crisp and tender, for about 5 to 7 minutes more.
Transfer peppers to a sheet of foil and wrap to keep warm. Return skillet to heat and add in remaining olive oil.
Season shrimp with salt and pepper (about ½ teaspoon of each) and toss. Add to skillet and cook for 1½ minutes.
Add garlic to skillet and toss, then cook shrimp through for about 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Toss in cilantro, then serve filling over tortillas along with avocado slices and queso fresco if desired.
- Calories: 546.29kcal
- Fat: 19.90g
- Saturated Fat: 3.14g
- Trans Fat: 0.04g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.59g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.88g
- Carbohydrates: 59.33g
- Fiber: 5.16g
- Sugar: 6.71g
- Protein: 32.51g
- Cholesterol: 214.32mg
- Sodium: 1734.42mg
- Calcium: 283.51mg
- Potassium: 568.78mg
- Iron: 4.77mg
- Vitamin A: 210.96µg
- Vitamin C: 81.46mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!