How To Make Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Parmesan Chicken
This parmesan chicken is a creamy and luscious dish, made with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, and loads of savory cheese!
- 2large chicken breasts,boneless and skinless, halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 2tbsptapioca flour,or all purpose, or plain flour
- 2tbspfresh parmesan cheese,finely grated
- cracked pepper
- 2tbspsun dried tomato oil,reserved from jar, or olive oil
- 7ozsun dried tomato strips in oil,drained
- 1½cupsevaporated milk,or reduced fat, or full fat milk
- 1tbspcornstarch,(mixed with 2 tbsp of milk)
- ⅓cupfresh Parmesan cheese,grated
- 2tspItalian herbs,optional
- 2tbspfresh basil,shredded, to serve
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Dredge in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Fry the chicken for about 5 to 6 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of the chicken, until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink. Transfer onto a warm plate.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet, then sauté the garlic for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add the sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms, then fry until the mushrooms are just soft.
Reduce heat to low heat, add the milk and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the milk-cornstarch mixture to the center of the pan.
Continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens. Add in the parmesan cheese, then allow the sauce to simmer for a further minute until the cheese melts through the sauce.
Add the chicken back into the pan; sprinkle with the fresh basil and a little extra pepper.
Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg, and enjoy!
- Calories: 914.73kcal
- Fat: 78.37g
- Saturated Fat: 14.24g
- Trans Fat: 0.34g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 43.47g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 18.45g
- Carbohydrates: 17.90g
- Fiber: 0.72g
- Sugar: 10.03g
- Protein: 36.20g
- Cholesterol: 108.59mg
- Sodium: 714.27mg
- Calcium: 484.69mg
- Potassium: 634.33mg
- Iron: 2.09mg
- Vitamin A: 127.49µg
- Vitamin C: 3.98mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!