How To Make Chicken Primavera
This chicken primavera is a classic chicken and pasta combo meal that’s loaded with filling spring vegetables of baby carrots, peas, and asparagus.
- 1lbFoster Farms® Organic Chicken Thin-Sliced Breast Fillets
- 2tsporganic olive oil
- salt and pepper,to taste
- 10ozorganic linguine pasta
- 4tbsporganic butter
- 1tbsporganic lemon juice
- 1cuporganic asparagus spears,trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1cuporganic baby carrots,can also use regular thinly sliced carrots, peeled, and halved
- ½cuporganic peas,fresh or frozen
- 2tbsporganic parsley,chopped
- lemon wedges,for garnish, optional
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken breasts in the pan, then cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Cut the chicken crosswise into slices.
Prepare the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Just 4 minutes before the pasta is done, add the carrots, asparagus, and peas to the boiling water.
Drain the pasta and vegetables, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking liquid.
Return the pasta and vegetables to the pasta pot. Turn the heat on low and add the butter and lemon juice, stirring to coat.
Add the pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sauce is at the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange the chicken on top of the pasta mixture and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges, and enjoy!
- Calories: 666.11kcal
- Fat: 32.14g
- Saturated Fat: 12.74g
- Trans Fat: 0.58g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.85g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.82g
- Carbohydrates: 60.92g
- Fiber: 5.26g
- Sugar: 5.28g
- Protein: 32.60g
- Cholesterol: 115.58mg
- Sodium: 688.21mg
- Calcium: 61.91mg
- Potassium: 594.79mg
- Iron: 3.46mg
- Vitamin A: 378.55µg
- Vitamin C: 19.43mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!