These spicy and cheesy chicken enchiladas are perfect for the whole family. This dish will surely satisfy your Mexican cravings. Plus, the cheese just oozes over the chicken like a warm comfy blanket.
How To Make Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Enchiladas are such a heaty meal that you'll be full just before the second round. We used white American cheese for this recipe that it smothers over our deliciously cooked chicken breasts.
- Start by placing the chicken in a large pot and covering it with one inch of water and add salt.
- Turn the heat on medium-low and cover the pot, until the water begins to boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and let chicken cook for about 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pot and set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add in cream cheese, taco seasoning and green chilies (with liquid) to the skillet.
- Put heat at low and stir until all ingredients are well incorporated and cream cheese is melted.
- Shred chicken with two forks and blend into the cream cheese mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Coat a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Evenly fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture and roll into enchiladas.
- Place enchiladas in the baking dish, seam-side down.
- Place salsa over enchiladas and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Pour whipping cream over cheese and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an extra 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese has started to brown.
- Serve with salsa.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 431mg
- Calories: 473kcal
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Cholesterol: 146mg
- Fat: 37g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 347mg
- Protein: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Sodium: 1249mg
- Vitamin A: 1406IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!