Nuts can make a great appetizer if you’re looking for a simple dish to serve. You can create these delicious spiced walnut snacks and appetizers. Adjust the ingredients to create savory, hot or sweet delight.
How To Make Spiced California Walnuts
With a touch of spice and some cinnamon flavors, your regular California nuts with have that unique and addictive flavor.
Preheat oven to 225 degrees F and line a large shallow baking pan with foil.
- Combine the egg white and water.
- Beat until foamy.
- Add the walnuts and toss to coat.
- Pour the mixture into a strainer and let drain 2-3 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and allspice in a plastic or paper bag, shaking the bag to mix.
- Add the walnuts; hold the bag shut and shake vigorously to coat the nuts.
- Spread nuts in one layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, stirring occasionally and breaking nuts apart if stuck together.
- Don't worry if they stick to the foil, it is easy to peel them off.
- Store in a tightly-capped jar.
- Sugar: 27g
- Calcium: 77mg
- Calories: 489kcal
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fat: 38g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 270mg
- Protein: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries
Pies & Pastries
Make the best, the chewiest, and the most delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies ever! Butter and sugar creamed together ensures a moist batch while semi-sweet chocolate chips infuses the chocolatey goodness we all love!
Pan-Fry & Skillet