The Cheesecake Factory is popular for its wide range of mouth-watering cheesecake selections. One of our favorites is their Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake. It is called such because of the appearance that makes it look like the cake is covered with a hard shell. This turtle cheesecake recipe is made with pecan brownies, cheesecake, and luscious caramel-fudge swirls, topped with caramel turtle pecans and chocolate. This perfectly layered turtle cheesecake will always have room on our plates.
How to Make A Turtle Cheesecake Like The Cheesecake Factory
To be able to make a perfect layered turtle cheesecake like the Cheesecake Factory’s, each layer should be baked separately to ensure its quality.
- Bake and prepare its iconic brownie crust. You can also try to make the famous Dr. Pepper brownies for your cake base.
- Next, make the cheesecake filling using cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour the filling onto the baked brownie crust.
- Add in the caramel sauce and chocolate sauce on top of the cheesecake filling.
- Make generous amounts of luscious chocolate and delectable caramel swirls on top of the cheesecake.
- Bake the cheesecake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool, then refrigerate.
- Top your cheesecake with chocolate ganache frosting, and sprinkle the pecans on top. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use salted caramel?
Yes. Caramel can be saccharine, especially when paired with chocolate. Adding salted caramel to chocolate will give you the right balance of flavors between sweet, salty, and tart in your turtle cheesecake.
Why should I bake a cheesecake in a water bath?
Baking your cheesecake in a water bath helps in making sure the cheesecake bakes evenly. Also, it prevents your cheesecake from too much browning, cracking, and sinking. This process may sound intimidating, but it’s easy to do. Simply place your cake pan inside a bigger pan filled with hot water. Then wrap aluminum foil around the spring-form pan to ensure two things: the filling doesn’t leak and the water doesn’t enter the cheesecake.
How to Make Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake (The Cheesecake Factory Copycat)
This satisfying yet simple dessert takes no pastry chef to be able to make it. It has variations of layers that range from its brownie crust to toasted pecans and caramel swirls! Enjoy The Cheesecake Factory’s Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake anytime by remaking it at the comfort of your home.
- Preheat your oven at 300 degrees F. grease a 9-inch springform cake tin with cooking spray.
- Sift together cocoa powder and flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar for 5 to 7 minutes until pale.
- Add the unsalted butter and vanilla extract. Continue beating.
- Fold in the flour and pecans into the wet mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Pour the crust mixture in a 9-inch round pan. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl attached to a hand mixer, add cream cheese, yogurt, and sugar. Cream for 8 to 10 minutes until pale and sugar has dissolved.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Continue creaming. Set aside.
- Cover the outsides of the 9-inch round pan with aluminum foil, then pour in the filling.
- Pour the caramel and chocolate on top of the cheesecake filling. Swirl until evenly incorporated.
- Place the 9-inch pan inside a bigger pan. Fill the external pan with warm water up to about halfway up the sides of the 9-inch pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for roughly 35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Set aside on cooling racks (away from the water) and allow to cool down completely while still in the springform tin.
- Transfer the prepared chocolate ganache into a tipped piping bag and keep chilled until just enough to be piped, but not firm.
- Remove the springform tin once the cheesecake is cool.
- Drizzle the cheesecake with the chocolate and caramel sauces. Top with pecans.
- Pipe swirls of chilled chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake, roughly 1-inch apart from each other. Then, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Portion your cake, then serve and enjoy!
You can toast the pecans in your oven for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, at 350 degrees F. Another way to toast pecans is by doing it on the stove. Simply place the nuts in a skillet and toast them over medium heat until they are browned and fragrant.
- Sugar: 67g
- Calcium: 151mg
- Calories: 801kcal
- Carbohydrates: 87g
- Cholesterol: 184mg
- Fat: 49g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g
- Potassium: 406mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 399mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1365IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
ConclusionThe Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake of The Cheesecake Factory is an absolute crowd-pleaser. Its layers of flavors and textures from caramel, chocolate, pecans, brownies, and cream cheese is irresistible. There is no need to drive to the local Cheesecake Factory for a slice of this dessert because you can now make a whole cake at home.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!