How To Make Lemon Green Beans with Walnuts
Walnuts add a nutty flavor and a crunchy texture when paired with lemon green beans for a healthy and light dish.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place green beans in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover.
- Steam for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender, but still bright green.
- Place cooked beans in a large bowl, and toss with butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer beans to a serving dish, and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
- Serve immediately.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 63mg
- Calories: 151kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 341mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 24mg
- Vitamin A: 845IU
- Vitamin C: 28mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!