Aside from their hand-cut steaks and baby back ribs that fall off the bone, Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse is also known for their Texas Roadhouse green beans. This simple side dish is actually made with very simple ingredients, making it really easy to recreate at home.
It’s the perfect side dish to pair with these working mom dinner ideas, because this 6-ingredient recipe is just so easy to pull off!
What Is in Texas Roadhouse Green Beans?
Their version of southern green beans has sweet, smokey and savory flavors that go well with meat. And what we love even more about it is how versatile it can be as a side, going wonderfully with any kind of main dish. So what’s behind all the flavor and textures of this comforting side?
You can easily find a canned green beans recipe out there, but for this one you’ll be needing fresh green beans. We’re sauteing them with our bacon and sweet yellow onions. Then we let it simmer in a sweet and savory sauce that adds a delicate sweetness to the tender greens. That’s how simple it is to cook green beans with bacon for a restaurant quality side you can have at home.
Tips in Making Texas Roadhouse Green Beans
This recipe calls for simple ingredients and has easy to follow instructions. But we still have a couple of reminders and tips on our sleeve in making this recipe.
- If you have time, blanch your fresh green beans first for a few minutes then shock them in ice water to help preserve their color and texture.
- If you’re out of fresh ones, you can use frozen or canned green beans. Just remember to thaw and drain them before using.
- Don’t overcook the green beans to avoid the dish turning mushy and slimy when we add the sauce.
- While bacon brings about the true taste of the Texas Roadhouse recipe, you can still choose to use your preferred meat You can go with turkey bacon, which has less fat as compared to pork bacon, or diced ham, though the flavor of your green beans might change slightly.
- Saute the onions and bacon in butter instead of oil for added flavor.
For flavor-packed dishes that would go well with the subtle flavors and silky texture of our Texas Roadhouse green beans, check out our CAQ section down below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I substitute fresh beans with canned ones?
Absolutely. Since green beans are not always in season, it is sensible to use the canned ones that can be found in supermarkets or grocery stores. Luckily nowadays, there are brands that produce canned vegetables — green beans included — that make their way locally. These processed versions of the green beans will no longer have the ‘strings’ located within the body that are used to be removed manually.
What to serve with Texas Roadhouse green beans?
This southern green beans recipe makes one of the best Texas Roadhouse sides and it works wonderfully with fish or meat. We recommend pairing it with grilled swordfish for a light, refreshing meal or Salisbury steaks with mashed potatoes and mushrooms.
ConclusionThis Texas Roadhouse green beans recipe makes it easy and tasty to add a side dish of greens to your feast. It’s a plate of smoked meat and veggies that goes great with anything meaty, starchy, and flavorful.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Pan-Fry & Skillet